Apr 12, 2013

Four Free Things

Four Free Things is a (mostly) weekly feature here on The Green Gazelle. Each Friday, I share four free or almost free things I hope to do over the weekend and upcoming week. Share the free or cheap things you've got planned in the comments section of this post.

1. Author talk at the local independent bookstore.

Tonight at 7 pm author Rod Dreher is going to be at Malaprop's Bookstore to read from his book The Little Way of Ruthie Leming. I first saw this event posted in the bookstore bathroom a month or so ago, and the book looked so intriguing I asked for help finding it. Alas, it wasn't out yet, but now I get to listen to the author read from it for free. Perfect!

2. Dance party.

At home. Alone. I'm thinking there will be some Prince involved. I plan to dance until I'm out of breath.

3. Coffee on the porch.

It has turned into summer here, and I would like to start my day with some fresh air and bird songs. That's right, I'm having my Saturday morning coffee out on our porch this week. And I'm leaving my phone and my computer in the house. It will be an excellent half hour of using the senses I don't always pay attention to: tasting my coffee, hearing the birds, smelling the cherry blossoms (yep, we've already got cherry blossoms), feeling the breeze on my face. 

4. Running the river trail.

There's this gorgeous trail. Martian Martuskawicz (our jack russell mix) and I used to go running there every few days. It's time to get back on the trail and get a little exercise!

What are you up to this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment