I'm a list maker. There, I admitted it in front of everyone. So New Years resolutions are a big deal for me—and I do try to stick to them, usually putting the list in my planner and looking at it every couple of months. It can be a great motivator and reminder of the things that are important to you in the long run, and although I didn't meet most of my resolutions in 2009, I got much closer to my goals than I was a year ago.
So here it goes—my resolutions for 2010:
1. Pay off ALL credit card debt (just $4,500 to go), and only pay in cash from here on out.
2. Finally finish an educational certificate program I started a long, long time ago!
3. Spend at least 2 hours on Saturdays before noon working on chores instead of procrastinating them until Sunday night.
4. Save a $5,000 emergency fund.
5. Get married, and enjoy the wedding planning process and the event itself.... all for $5,000 or less.
6. Do a little crafting every week.
7. Spend more time outside.
8. Appreciate and enjoy my life.
9. Preserve food (freezing and drying, and maybe root cellaring) for next winter.
10. Talk less, and listen more.
There it is. Goals, hopes, and dreams for a happy and healthy 2010. Happy New Year!