May 29, 2013

Some Favorite Reads


First eggs from our first CSA pickup of the season.
Too bad nest eggs aren't as easy to procure.
I've thoroughly enjoyed some blog posts and articles that I have come across recently, and I've been meaning to share them with you. I hope you find inspiration or ideas in the links below. Enjoy!


  • Want to retire sooner rather than later? Mainstreet.com's article How Extreme Savers Can Retire By 40 may be a little optimistic age-wise. But it does point out how what many consider to be ordinary lifestyles could seem lavish to others — and just how much we could really save if we considered some extreme changes. You may not be ready to go this far, but it does get you thinking, and perhaps one of these actions will feel doable for you.
  • If you aren't getting ahead but find yourself in avoidance-of-reality mode, this Simple Dollar post called Staying Afloat Isn't Enough might be just what you need. For me it was a good kick-in-the-pants to stop ignoring my financial problems and start getting serious. I have to do that every few months if I want to stay on track to stop living paycheck to paycheck someday!


And I'd like to leave you with a quote I read yesterday in the Huffington Post article Anxiety Quotes: 8 Reasons to Stop Worrying: 

"Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.”
 – Benjamin Franklin 


Keep in the sunlight, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment