Feb 7, 2013

Four (Mostly) Free Things I'm Doing This Weekend

1. Volunteer. 

B and I are volunteering to walk dogs from the local humane society this weekend. We are terribly excited to meet some new pooches and love them up.

2. Hike.

In our (new) neck of the woods, there are a million beautiful places to take a walk. We've been taking our own dogs on an "adventure" every weekend. The exercise and fresh air has been good for all of us!

3. Make.

I'm planning to make a few cards this weekend (birthday, valentine's day, mom's day, pop's day). Have you heard of making a stamp out of a beet? Google it - there are some great pictures of other people's work out there. Okay, so it isn't free for most of us ... you have to buy a beet or two ... but beets are usually pretty cheap. I'm going to use up some old cardstock, but newspaper and the backs of scratch paper would probably work too.

4. Read.

How long has it been since you've started a new novel? In my house, we have toyed with the idea of replacing evening tv watching for a week (or once a week) with an audio book listening session. Most libraries have these, and I'm thinking it would be a great way to "read" all those classics I never read.

What are your plans for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment